By becoming an IPB member – as an individual or an organization – you become part of the IPB family and our diverse and global network of peace activists, labor unions, environmental organizations, social movements, educational groups, and more.
1. Mailings: a variety of documents; reports and messages on a variety of peace issues.
2. Access to the Berlin Secretariat and our extensive contacts among NGOs, research institutes, media, and national diplomatic missions; assistance for groups visiting Berlin.
3. Invitations to IPB events: seminars, conferences, online/virtual events, and the triennial Assembly.
4. Discount rates on IPB book publications.
5. The opportunity to work with other members on joint peace projects, and to create IPB policy.
6. The right to nominate candidates in Board and Council elections and to vote on resolutions.
You can offer
1. Exchange of information about peace activities in your region/field. This could include a regular exchange of publications.
2. Financial contributions to help ensure the continuity of IPB’s work.
3. Personal contacts from your own network of friends and colleagues, including potential sources of funding.
4. Translation and/or distribution of IPB materials.
5. Assistance with conferences and seminars in your area.
The IPB is run by an elected Board and Council. The Council meets annually, and the Board meets at least 3 times a year (plus virtual video calls). The IPB Assembly meets once every 3 years. As a member, you will have the right to send a representative to these meetings and to council meetings and to contribute to the strategic discussions. Click here for a visual of IPB’s structure.
Annual Fees (in Swiss Francs)
International Federations: 800 CHF (minimum 200 CHF)
National Federations: 800 CHF (minimum 200 CHF)
National: 450 CHF (minimum 100 CHF)
Local/area: 110 CHF (minimum 55 CHF)
Organizations for whom peace is one of many issues
Individual members: 50 CHF (minimum 20 CHF)
Lifetime individual membership: 500 CHF
All fees are negotiable. The financial year runs from January to December.
Low income countries
We get many requests from groups who cannot afford to pay fees at all, or who are unable to obtain foreign currency. If this concerns you, you could try the following:
1. Obtain sponsorship from a group in a developed country.
2. Offer services in kind, especially translation and distribution of IPB literature. (Translation is needed into all languages.)
3. Apply to secretariat for a reduced or zero fee agreement
Applying for membership
Organizations and individuals wishing to become members must apply by returning the application form to the IPB headquarters in Berlin (preferably by email to email@example.com). There are two different forms: one for individual members, and the other for organizations (accessible here).
Organizations’ applications will be submitted to the IPB Council for approval. It may be possible to make use of membership services in advance of this date if the application is provisionally approved by the IPB Board.
Ways to send the membership fee
Organizations and individuals who have applied for a membership can send their respective membership fees either through a standard bank transaction to one of our banks in Switzerland or Germany or through PayPal. All details are below:
Or scan here for Paypal:
Bank Account in Switzerland (CHF):
Account Holder: International Peace Bureau
IBAN: CH53 0844 0140 0492 9009 0 BIC (SWIFT): COOPCHBB Bank: Banque Cler No.140049.290090-9
Our Geneva Post Office Giro account: (CCP. 12-2014-6).
Banque CLER, 6-8 Place Longemalle, CH-1204 Geneva
- In Euro (German Bank Account):
Account Holder: Unterstuetzung des Internationalen Friedensbueros e.V.
IBAN: DE23 1005 0000 0190 6331 58
BIC (SWIFT): BELADEBEXXX
Bank: Berliner Sparkasse
- In £ sterling:
Name: Natwest bank
Address: 19 Market Street
IBAN: Account number: GB77 NWBK 0106 5711 2072 13
Swift: NWBK GB 2L
- In US dollars:
by bank transfer/wire to our USD bank account (Banque CLER, Geneva, No.140049.31.00.90-6)
IBAN: CH52 0844 0140 0493 1009 0
For those unable to transfer the money through the above methods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.