Date(s) - Monday - Nov 9, 2020
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Tensions on the Korean peninsula and their regional implications have been the focus of peacework in Northeast Asia for decades. Despite periodic diplomatic pushes, the main issues continue to threaten peace and stability for the region. Rather than rehash the common recommendations and strategies for peace on the peninsula, this webinar brings together diverse speakers from around Northeast Asia to share innovative solutions driving significant change to regional politics.
- Introduction by Reiner Braun, Executive Director of IPB
- Jargalsaikhan Enkhsaikhan, Chair of Blue Banner and former Mongolian diplomat
- Jun Kyu Lee, Institute for Reunification and Peace Policy, Hanshin University, South Korea
- Dr. Hiromichi Umebayashi, Peace Depot/ Research Center for Nuclear Weapons Abolition, Nagasaki University (RECNA)
- Rieko Asato-Kodama, Japan Council against Atomic and Hydrogen Bombs (Gensuikyo)
- Q&A will follow the speakers presentations
- Closing Remarks by Lisa Clark, Co-President of IPB
Register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.